Ghadiri Dental Care
South San Jose Dentists Drs. Ayeh and Amir Ghadiri
How to Brush Your Teeth
Flashing your best, most healthy smile means brushing well and often. In fact, the American Dental Association recommends brushing teeth twice a day for dental hygiene and to help promote dental health. Make the most of that time by giving your brushing technique a refresher.
Tooth Brushing Technique
You’ve been brushing your teeth your whole life, but are you getting the most from your efforts? The following technique will help you get the most thorough clean.
- On the outer and inner surfaces, brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle in short half-tooth-wide strokes against the gum line.
- On chewing surfaces, hold the brush flat and brush back and forth.
- On inside surfaces of front teeth, tilt brush vertically and use gentle up and down strokes with toe of brush.
- Brush the tongue in a back-to-front sweeping motion to remove food particles and freshen your mouth.
Remember to spend at least 30 seconds on each quadrant of your mouth, adding up to two minutes each time you brush.
Choose the Right Toothpaste
Crest toothpastes contain fluoride, which helps strengthen weak spots and prevent tooth cavities. And whether you’re looking for tartar protection, a rush of flavor, or dentist-inspired protection, we’ve got a toothpaste that’s right for you.
- Ready for a brushing experience that awakens the senses? Try our flavor experience toothpastes.
- Looking for solutions such as enamel protection? View our dentist-inspired products.
- Have sensitive teeth? Try our sensitivity toothpastes.
Change Your Toothbrush
Most dental professionals recommend replacing your toothbrush every three months. To remind yourself, write the date you should change your toothbrush in permanent marker on the handle.
Crest recommends Oral-B toothbrushes. Find the Oral-B power toothbrush that’s right for you
Learn more about oral health when you visit Ghadiri Dental Care. Please give South San Jose Dentists Drs. Ayeh and Amir Ghadiri a call at 408-268-1891 or send us an email to schedule your visit today.
Article Courtesy Of www.Crest.com